Cosmetic Dentistry for Children
Pediatric Dentistry of the North Shore provides cosmetic dentistry for children in Danvers, Massachusetts. To learn more, call 978-777-3744 or contact us today to schedule an appointment.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the appearance of the teeth. While some cosmetic procedures also provide dental health benefits, the primary purpose is esthetics. Cosmetic procedures can brighten, reshape, and restore the teeth for a better looking smile.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry provides a variety of benefits for children:
- Improved smile. Cosmetic dentistry can correct imperfections in the teeth in order to improve the appearance of a child’s smile.
- Increased self esteem. A better looking smile can increase a child’s self esteem, giving them the confidence to smile, make friends, perform better in school, and other benefits.
- Dental health benefits. Some cosmetic procedures also improve the health of the teeth while concealing imperfections.
We provide the following cosmetic services:
- Teeth whitening. Children’s teeth can become discolored for a variety of reasons from foods and beverages to medication. Professional teeth whitening treatment can remove stains from the teeth for a whiter smile.
- Cosmetic bonding. Composite material matching the natural color of a child’s teeth can be used to reshape and resurface the teeth to conceal imperfections.
Is Your Child a Good Candidate for Cosmetic Dentistry?
If your child has mild to moderate imperfections that negatively impact the appearance of their teeth, they may be a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry. Through cosmetic procedures we can restore the appearance of the teeth, and in some cases the health of the teeth. Primary and permanent teeth are eligible for cosmetic procedures.
Why Choose Pediatric Dentistry of the North Shore?
As a pediatric dental practice, we understand the importance children and teens place on their appearance, which is why we offer cosmetic dentistry services in a judgment free environment. Our primary focus is our patients’ comfort in order to establish a positive view of dental care from a young age. We want to give children a healthy start that will lead to a lifetime of dental health.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is whitening safe for children’s teeth?
Professional whitening treatments are gentle and effective. During treatment a guard is placed over the gum tissue to ensure there is no irritation from the bleaching agent. A specialized light is used to activate the bleaching gel so that it can be easily controlled.
What material is used for cosmetic bonding?
Composite material is a tooth colored substance that hardens after it is applied to the tooth enamel. It is the same material used to fill cavities in teeth. Once it hardens it can last forever, holding up to the force of biting and chewing.
Is it worth it to correct primary teeth with cosmetic procedures?
Primary teeth, more commonly known as baby teeth, do eventually fall out to be replaced by permanent teeth. Even so, it can still be beneficial to apply cosmetic procedures when they are needed. It can take years for all of the primary teeth to be shed, which is a long time for a child to live with dental imperfections. An open discussion between you, your child, and your dentist can help you make the best decision.
Is cosmetic dentistry covered by insurance?
Unless the primary purpose of the procedure is to correct a dental health problem, cosmetic procedures are not typically covered by insurance. Financing is available to help make cosmetic dentistry more affordable.
Call 978-777-3744 or contact us today to learn more and schedule an appointment.